POLYCOSE is an easily digestible source of carbohydrate calories for use when additional calories are required. It mixes easily with regular foods and beverages to provide extra calories for people with increased caloric needs or for those whose normal diet does not meet their needs. POLYCOSE Glucose Polymers may be used as an enteral carbohydrate supplement. Although POLYCOSE may serve temporarily as the sole energy source, it is not intended to be used as a sole source nutritional product because it contains no protein, fat, or vitamins and very low levels of minerals.
- Supply additional carbohydrate calories for protein-electrolyte-, or fat-restricted diets
- When medical or surgical status prevents adequate intake of calories from a normal diet
- When gastrointestinal volume must be limited
- When renal solute load must be limited
- When a diet with high caloric density is desirable
For the complete nutritional information, please refer to the Adult Nutritional Products Guide.